20 December 2009

Cultural Banter

So I’m creating another segment to my blog called 'Cultural Banter' to let out some of my frustrations. Living abroad, anyone will encounter some extreme to subtle cultural differences. At first, I figured I would become accustomed to such differences as the months passed. But with tallying up over a year’s worth of time here in Spain, I’ve realized that there are some things that I will not get used to. These aren’t going to be ‘bash on Spain’s life style’ posts but more of ‘this is what really makes me an American.’ Don’t get me wrong, I’m also going to write about things that Spain does that I love and how much better the US would be if they adopted these cultural aspects.


So consider this an expansion to my ‘Cultural Tricks of the Trade’ segment I had started earlier. Some topics will be revisited and over time, you may find that my opinions change. I hope in the end that things will change my opinion because after all, that’s the point of this whole experience: to live a life different than what’s expected and to explore the many things that we as people can share with one another… so please leave feedback and personal stories. I’d love to hear it!

No comments: