18 November 2010

I Can Still Be Shocked!

I thought I've gotten accustomed to all the odd traditions, manners and general activities here in Spain.
I'm used to turning off lights and taking quick showers.
I can ignore cat calls and general bias from people thinking I'm a guiri tourist.
I even know how to do a pretty mean 'smoke bomb' (inside jokes for any English-speaking Spaniards)

I've sampled all the finest delicacies this fine country has to offer...

but when I walk into the kitchen and see this:









well, let's just say that I was short of words for a few seconds!

Don't get me wrong.... PULPO is one of my favorite meals here in Spain! But I enjoy it when it's already cooked, cut and covered in yummy cream sauce!

For exampple this delicious steamed potato and octopus salad! DELICIOUS!

Not sitting on my stove, boiling next to a cup of its own ink!

Ugh, talk about loss of appetite!

No comments: