14 January 2013

Must Sees in Madrid: Areia

I guess while I have my blogging buzz back I'll continue with the list of my MUST SEES in Madriz.

One of my favorite bars in all of the capital is Areia; located in the heart of Chueca (Boy's Town), this bar is not just for the same-sex oriented.  Address: Calle Hortaleza 92
In my opinion, this bar is the perfect spot for after-work cocktails and schmoozing  or an ideal way to start off the weekend before hitting the clubs.  I've never been here during the day but I hear that they serve up some yummy lunch time goodies. 

The bar was renovated some years back to take on  sexy, Middle-Eastern jewel-toned, sofa lounger, incense filled love nest.  I would recommend coming here early in the evening to take advantage of the ambiance and excellent drink menu.  Now this place is catching on to more than just the locals so come mid-night, you have to squeeze through the single men and dolled up females showing off their latest mating calls.  (I say this in all seriousness as I was once one of those females).

This is also a great romantic date night as special elevated, private bed-rooms can be reserved for you and a special someone or a few close friends.  Anyway, take a look at the photos I found from other enthusiasts (because for some crazy reason I can't find any of my own) and judge for yourself. 

1 comment:

Ardith said...

Yes! Thanks for sharing this.